Monday, June 6, 2011

Slow Down.

I love journaling. Why? It’s simple. It somehow is relaxing, peaceful. Yet, I rarely take the time to actually do it.

I also love to be on the go, doing something. Anything. I’m a mover.

Being on the go and having to slow down, even if it’s just long enough to journal, is a task for me. They don’t coincide.

Or at least I don’t let them.

The past 40 days have been one of learning. On April 27th, I was involved in a pretty bad car wreck on my way to church. I was injured in this wreck. And, of course, that injury gave me no option but to slow down. This was more painful than the injury itself.

Time and time again, I had been told to slow down. I went too hard all the time. Now, I had been FORCED to slow down. When talking through this with a friend, he brought up the fact that I had been given a “gift”. I honestly laughed when he said that at first. But, the more I pondered this idea, I realized he was right.

How often are we given the chance to do nothing but sit at the Father’s feet, go outside and enjoy His creation, rest in Him, dig in His Word, journal praise and adoration, bask in His glory? This time was (and is) a gift.

Sitting here thinking back on just this brought these lyrics to mind:
“I wanna sit at your feet, drink from the cup in your hand, lay back against you and breathe, feel your heart beat. This love is so deep; it's more than I can stand. I melt in your peace; it's overwhelming.”

Normally, or before April 27th, I’d be too busy to do this. But during these moments, resting in Him, the one that knows everything about me and still loves me, has been beyond comprehension. It actually eased the pain of not being on the go.

This time is a gift. A beautifully peaceful one. I choose to accept it. I choose to sit at His feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment