Monday, November 16, 2009

weareoverlooked.com

A friend of mine and I were recently talking about the upcoming holidays and got on the subject of gifts at Christmas. We both were discussing how we honestly have nothing we need. I was telling her of one of the best gifts I ever received. Last year some good friends made a donation in my honor to Samaritan's Purse. They had no idea the impact this gift would have had on my life and the realities I would face because of it. We began to see how our preferances would be to use the money spent on us for those who could use it, who need it many times to survive. This may not look normal to most. But, after all, aren't we called to live revolutionary lives?

The following day I re-discovered a site a good friend showed me while I was at ETBU. So, if you can't think of anything you really want or need at Christmas, why not donate that money to someone whose life could be forever changed? Need suggestions of where to donate? I have a few. But, check this site out as well. I love the difference they are making.

weareoverlooked.com

No comments:

Post a Comment